Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Passover Seder 2010: A Pictorial

I had the honor and privilege of spending yet another evening at Nancy and Bob's house celebrating this year's Passover Seder with my wonderful friends. Since I wrote at length about my Passover experience last year in a two-part entry, I thought I would pay homage to Nancy and Bob's incredible commitment to providing their guests with an amazing and delicious meal without letting too many words get in the way. If you want to read in-depth descriptions of the food, I encourage you to check out last year's entries. This year, I'm feeling that simpler may be better; there just isn't a need to rehash. Once Nancy has a chance to recover and post a blog entry about her experience, I'll post a link here so that you can get multiple perspectives on this one incredible meal.

Nancy and Bob's Passover Seder table.


Hot peppers from Bob's garden.


Steamed eggs. Creamy and delicious.


Gefilte fish with carrots, flat leaf parsley and Bob's homemade horseradish.


Nancy's homemade Gefilte fish. Words simply fail.


Matzah, Elijah's Cup, Miriam's Cup.


Charosis: Local apples, local honey, Vietnamese cinnamon ... need I say more?


Ceremonial Seder plate.


Haggadah.


Ceremony is starting. Lighting the candles.


Matzah ball soup made with a double stock. Amazing as always.


Light and fluffy even without any leavening.


Roasted cauliflower with garlic.


Sweet apricot matzah farfel with more Vietnamese cinnamon.


Spicy potato kugel made by Bob.


Braised beef brisket with caramelized onions.


My dinner plate. Tremendous flavors!


Homemade flourless chocolate galette and coconut macaroons.


Creme Anglaise.


Final bite of the meal ... dessert.

2 comments:

Nancy Heller said...

Thank you for a lovely post Tom! I'm still cleaning up/catching up.

One correction - the ceremonial wine cup is Elijah's cup.

Jacob wrestled with the angel, so people who keep Kosher can't eat the rear end of the cow unless the sciatic nerve is removed - we discussed that at dinner, so that's why you probably used that name.

Tino said...

@Nancy: Thanks for the correction, I've applied it to the original post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails